Monday, March 13, 2017

Ben and Chloe in the Garden

Hi, Lois here today with another fun-fold card -- a Z Box Fold.  Janja had a card on the CottageCutz blog a couple of weeks ago using both Ben and Chloe, and I thought it was so cute that I knew I wanted to make a card using both of them too.


Supplies used on this card are:

White cardstock - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" plus some scraps for Ben and Chloe
Red cardstock - 4" x 9 3/4"
Black cardstock - 2 7/8" x 2 7/8", 2 7/8" x 4 3/8", 7/8" x 5 1/8", two pieces 7/8" x 2 1/8"
Patterned paper - 2 3/4" x 2 3/4", 2 3/4" x 4 1/4", 3/4" x 5", two pieces 3/4" x 2"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
White gel pen
Clear Wink of Stella brush
Scor-tape, adhesive runner, foam pop dots
CottageCutz stamp/die sets - Ben w/Wheelbarrow of Love, Chloe w/ Flowerpot, Wreath, Flowers

I stamped the images of Ben and Chloe onto a piece of white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers, adding some highlights on Chloe's hearts with a white gel pen.  I also brushed some clear Wink of Stella on the bees flitting around her flowers.  Then I cut them out with the matching dies.


To construct the card, after cutting the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white piece of cardstock, I cut the red panel 4" x 9 3/4".    I placed the panel longways in my paper cutter, with the long end at the 1" mark; and, starting at the 3" mark, I cut a slit down to the 7 1/2" mark. 


Then I placed the panel on my scoring board; and, with the long edge along the top, I scored as follows:  I scored at the 5 1/4" mark;  at the 3" mark, I scored down from the top to the slit; and at the 7 1/2" mark, I scored up from the bottom to the slit.



When folded, this is what the card looked like.


I placed some Scor-tape on the back of the right-hand side of the card, as shown below . . .


 . . . and then adhered it to the white panel.

I then cut the black cardstock and patterned paper to the measurements shown above . . .


. . . and adhered them to the card base.


All that was left now was to place Ben and Chloe on their respective panels and stamp the sentiment.



I hope you'd like to make a similar card.  It was lots of fun.

CottageCutz sets used on this card are:





8 comments:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Lois, your Z-fold card is so gorgeous!! I love it! Ben and Chloe are darling and beautifully colored! Great project, Lois!!

Janja said...

Oh, how pretty card!

SugarShine Designs said...

Your design is beautiful from top to bottom. You're coloring is very nice and the Z-fold design is a nice change of pace. I appreciate that you used double borders on the panels too. It's a small thing that makes a big impact. - Janet

Anita Kejriwal said...

such a pretty card. I am loving this stamp now.

Pam MacKay said...

Lois I just love your Z fold card featuring Ben and Chloe they are so sweet and colored beautifully! Wonderful choice of papers too!

Mary Marsh said...

how cute-this fancy fold is such a perfect way to show off Ben & Chloe- I love everything you have been doing with this stamp set

Joanne said...

Adorable Lois. Love your beautiful coloring.

Anja Ž. said...

I love your layout. And beautiful coloring.