Saturday, March 18, 2017

Easter Bunny


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

There are some fabulous new Spring dies in the store. Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the Easter Bunny & Chicks die. This die has two cute bunnies and 2 chicks.

This week I decided to make an Easter or spring card. So I selected my die and some bright patterned paper and cardstock. The whimsical pattern on the designer paper will fit well with the Easter bunny. I also thought this sketch would keep my layout more simple and still allow the patterned paper to be seen.  Let's get started with some details on how I created this card.

coral card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
patterned paper layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
white image panel: 2 7/8" x 3 1/2"
green layering panel: 3" x 3 5/8"
The bunny is cut in a cantaloupe shade of cardstock and his little bow in a medium green. The chick in a bright yellow and I shaded his wing with the same color of ink to give a bit of dimension.  Did some shading with cantaloupe ink around the bunny to add depth.


For the image panel, I sponged the bottom with a medium green ink for grass and also to ground the bunny image. I used a cloud template and added a few clouds with a light blue ink.
I wanted the sentiment in the corner of the card and the "some" word to be placed on an angle. I pulled out my stamp positioner to accomplish this. I taped off the 2nd line of the sentiment and stamped my first line. Then I taped off the "some" word and stamped my 2nd line.
 
All the preliminary work is done and I am ready for card assembly. For the long rectangle panel on the sketch I decided to use a flag. And I added enamel dots that matched the green cardstock to complete the card.
 
I hope I have given you some inspiration to create either an Easter card or a Spring card to send to someone special. That's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday!
 
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzeasterbunnyandchicks.aspx
 
 






 

9 comments:

Janja said...

This is so cute Mary!

Lois said...

I love your cantaloupe bunny! He's really cute. And that was nice use of the stamp positioner for your sentiment.

Sukie said...

Such a sweet card! The bunny is absolutely adorable!

Beverly - Guneaux Designs said...

Mary, I love the darling little cantaloupe bunny and the lovely chick on your card. The designer papers are very nice and go well with the bunny and chick. Great card, Mary!

SugarShine Designs said...

I love bunnies and your card doesn't disappoint! The cantaloupe bunny in your card sure gets me in the mood for spring.

Pam MacKay said...

Love your sweet little bunny with the green bow tie so adorable love the sponged background too!

Anja Ž. said...

Your bunny is the cuttest! I also like your colorful background.

Anja Ž. said...

Your bunny is the cuttest! I also like your colorful background.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Lovely bunny card and so well explained