Monday, March 27, 2017

Get Well Scene

Hi, Lois here today with a card that has many small pieces.  That's what I like about the CottageCutz dies -- all the elements included on them.  I'm using another new-to-me die -- the Tree of Nature die with lots of cute elements.  I've made a get-well card with the look of spring.



Supplies used on this card are:

Tan cardstock for the base, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half at the 4 1/4" mark
Dark brown cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
Light blue cardstock 3 7/8" x 5"
White cardstock for the die cuts
Copic markers
Ranger Distress Mowed Lawn ink
Foam pop dots
Googlie eyes
Tape runner
Xyron X sticker maker
CottageCutz dies:  Tree of Nature, Picket Fence Border, Spring Grass


Instructions for card:

To avoid having to make many passes through my Big Shot with different colored cardstock, I cut all my pieces from white -- and colored them afterward.


As you can see there are four blossoms and four sets of leaves already on the die.  I used a variety of Copic markers, as well as a fine black pen, to color my die-cut pieces.


As you construct a scene on your card, you could decide to cut more of them.  As you can see with my colored images, I decided I needed more leaves and blossoms.  While I was at it, I also cut two strips of grass using the Spring Grass die and sponged on some green ink for texture.


Next I cut the cardstock for my card base -- tan, dark brown and pale blue.


I then constructed my scene.   I used my Xyron X sticker maker to put adhesive on the back of the smallest pieces.   I had cut two strips of grass because I wanted one strip behind the fence and one in front.   As it turned out, I actually cut four more blossoms for my tree.  Here is a close-up of the 3-D pieces (the butterfly, the bird and the owl).  I used tiny foam pop dots to create the 3-D look for the wings of the butterfly and bird -- and larger ones to adhere all three critters to the card.   I love using googlie eyes on owls, so I used them rather than the eye pieces from the die.


I then stamped the small sentiment at the top and I was finished.  Again, here is my card:


Dies used on this card are:





By the way, check out the BIG Anniversary Sale.  You could save up to 50%.




6 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Beautiful spring card! I love the colors.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty get well card Lois-who wouldn't love to see this in their mailbox when they aren't feeling well - you really used this die set well-

SugarShine Designs said...

Oh my gosh, I love the owl's googly eyes! Coloring the pieces is a good idea to for saving time too. What a nice pick-me-up for someone who's feeling under the weather!

Pam MacKay said...

Wow lots of lovely things to look at this will really bring cheer to someone who isn't feeling well! Great card Lois!!

Bev - Guneaux Designs said...

Lois, what a gorgeous get well card with all the lovely pieces, especially the owl with the googly eyes! You did a great job using this wonderful die!

Janja said...

Super cute card.