Monday, October 31, 2022

Poinsettia Wreath Easel

Hiya CottageCutz friends! ☺ 

Kris here with more Christmas inspiration. Yes, I do realize it's 'Halloween' today, and my team and I wish you a fun and safe evening!!  

My card, however, is showcasing the new Christmas Release Part 2!  I'm loving the non-traditional colors of pink, teal, gold and white for the holidays! The star of the show today is the new Poinsettia Floral die that I made into a wreath!



And of course it folds flat-ish to fit inside an envelope! ☺

I LOVE these new dies from the Christmas Part 2 Release and there's a great variety with a whopping 36 dies in this collection!   There's also a Christmas 1 Release so there's a ton of options and variety from cute snowmen to gingerbread kids to rustic wreaths, traditional poinsettias and more! The best part... all the individual dies from both of these releases are 30% off for a limited time!  

CUTTING & SCORING:

Thick white cardstock:  
(1) 4" x 10-1/2"- scored the longest side at 2-5/8" and 5-1/4"
(2) Die cut largest of the Pierced Wide Circle Frame

Medium Teal cardstock:  
5-1/2" x 4-1/4"

Gold cardstock:

Die cut Poinsettia Floral from the following colors:
(2) Medium Team
(1) Dark Teal
(2) White 
(2) Gold foil/metallic
(2) Vellum

DESIGN STEPS:

1.  With the white card, I folded the 2-5/8" end up to the 5-1/4" score line and I placed the 2nd largest Pierced Circles die halfway over the fold,, hen I taped with low-tack tape and cut it.


2.  I folded the white card in half and adhered to the medium teal card base.

3.  I glued the 2 Pierced Wide Circle Frames back-to-back.  

4.  I added glue just underneath the bottom half of the circle opening on my card front as shown below, then attached the circle frames, centering them on the card front.



5.  I added some Distress Oxide inks to my leaves and poinsettias, then misted with water to get that distress look.  White they were still damp, I rolled the poinsettia leaves around something round like the handle of my pokey tool, or water brush etc to make them curl and give dimension before attaching together.  To make them pop, I gave them white gel pen veins and highlights.


6.  I arranged my pieces onto the white ring (circle frame) and when I was happy with the layout, I started gluing them down.  

7.  I decided where I wanted my holly leaves to be (to hold up my wreath) and added dimensional tape to the back (see photo below for placement).

8.  I then glued my gold "Merry Christmas" to the bottom center and Voila!  


I hope you are inspired to get crafty with your favorite CotageCutz dies! 
Have a blessed week ☺

~Kristine

PRODUCTS USED:





We have more inspiration on our YouTube Channel check it out HERE

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

I love easel cards and you have created an absolutely beautiful one

Pam MacKay said...

Wow this is gorgeous love the colors and the easel designs!