Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Keeping Things in Perspective



Hello, crafty friends!  This is Marla back with another YouTube video tutorial.  Halloween is around the corner and the new CottageCutz Halloween release is filled with both spooky and cute products. I mixed a little of each for a non-spooky slimline.

 It's no surprise that I am a fan of slimline cards. I know they aren't for everyone, but let's talk about one of the reasons you should considered using them, perspective.  The dies from this new release come in a variety of sizes, but for this card two of the focal points are pretty much scaled the same.  In reality, one should be much bigger than the other and that's where a slimline card changes the visual design to allow you to stretch your products.  I hope you will head over to watch to see what I mean.

In case you are wondering, I used the "Pinking Shear Edge" Slimline die to begin building my scene.  I found it hard to choose between all the fun dies, so I used a little bit of this and a little bit of that from several dies and then some.  I included the "Haunted Ghost House", "Spooky Tree Gnome" and "Fresh Strawberry Patch" sign.  I also used the "Spooky Truck" that will be restocked soon.  

I am giving away the "Haunted Ghost House" over on the CottageCutz YouTube Channel.  Please join me and while you're there don't forget to comment, like and subscribe to enter.  

Until next time .....Marla














2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute Halloween scene

Kristine said...

Very cool slimline scene! Thanks for the tips on perspective!