Saturday, October 29, 2022

Camping Snowman

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new Christmas release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. Our Christmas Part 2 release with 36 new designs is available and ready for shipment. 

The individual dies are on sale for 30% off. It's only for a limited time so don't delay. You are going to love all the whimsical designs that are available in this release. There is something for everyone to make your Christmas cards extra special this year.

The Christmas Part 1 dies are also available with 21 new designs and on sale for 30% off individual dies. 

Today, I am featuring the new Camping Snowman w/Trailer and the Tis The Season dies. I have friends who have a camping trailer, and this card would be perfect for them. I loved the trailer colors on the die packaging, but their trailer is light & dark gray. Since I was creating this card for them, I thought I should stick with those colors. Although I really like creating Christmas cards in non-traditional colors. That will be for another day. 

So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Card Details:

I started by cutting the trailer, snowman and mailbox in different colors of cardstock. The light that are strung across the trailer I colored with Copic markers. 
Then as I was deciding on how to create the background panel for my images, I remembered this designer paper with a winter snow scene. That made it really easy. The paper is so pretty I didn't want to cut a lot of it away so I made my card a 5 3/4" square. 

White card base: 5 3/4" square
Designer Paper Layer: 5 3/4" square
Next, I cut the Tis the Season sentiment. I thought red would be a standout, but it just didn't look right so I decided on a navy blue to compliment the background. I think it works nicely. 

Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. 

I attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided tape first. I thought this would make it easier to attach the images. 
For the images I used dimensional adhesive to lift them off the background slightly. 
To finish off the card I secured the "tis the season" sentiment with clear drying glue. There are snowflakes with this die, so I used them as embellishments on the card. 
And that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. If you are a trailer owner or you know people with trailers this die is for you. You can pick it up for 30% off right now. 

See you next Saturday!!

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Marla Harris. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here

dies I used to create card:




4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh my goodness, Mary's card is adorable! Actually I'm just popping in from the Cat Lovers Hop to thank you so much for your generous sponsorship! Your support is much appreciated! I love the prize you're offering!

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful job on Mary's card! I'm also visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop to say THANK YOU for being a sponsor. I'm a huge fan of Cottage Cutz dies and have many (but not enough!) in my collection. :-D

Laurie2cats said...

Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop! Thank you for being a sponsor, love the prize you are offering.

Pam MacKay said...

Very cute DP background love the little trailer too!