Monday, October 24, 2022

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

Happy Monday CottageCutz peeps! ☺ 

Kris here with a FUN scene card and I'll admit, this may be a bit busier than I had planned, but I couldn't help myself... I LOVE these cute dies from the Christmas Part 2 Release!  There's also a Christmas 1 Release  so there's a ton of options and variety from cute snowmen to gingerbread kids to rustic wreaths, traditional poinsettias and more! The best part... all the individual dies from both of these releases are 30% off for a limited time!  


For my card today, I started by choosing my dies:  The Snowy Village Buildings, the Snowy Village Accessories, the Snowmen Friends and the "joy" is from the Peace & Joy Wreath from this Christmas 2 Release.  I also used some dies from the shop that were previously released such as Hills Slimline and Snowflake Set.

Then I thought I'd pop over to SCS to see if the weekly color challenge (CC918) would work with my card and once I pictured green for trees, orchid/blue for sky and a yellow house, I went with it!  (I actually DO have a yellow house with a white fence!) ☺ 


I cut a 5-1/2" square card base (top folding) and layered some pretty patterned paper with tiny snowflakes that was cut to 5-1/4" square.  I then cut 2 snowy hills using the Hills Slimline die, gluing the tallest one to my blue layer and I popped the front one up with foam strips.  I then glued my snowflakes to the top portion.


After die cutting my elements, I used Distress Oxide inks to add color with a blending brush.



I then spattered some white acrylic paint onto the trees with a paint brush.  Some pieces I used Copic markers like the hats/scarves and windows, wreaths, and I added some very pale blue highlights to the snow and snowmen. 


At first, I was going to use both snowmen, one house and 2 trees, but I just kept going and built up my scene and I really think it turned out cute!  Here's the final result again...


Thanks so much for popping by today!  I hope you are inspired to get crafty with your favorite CotageCutz dies! Have a blessed week 

~Kristine


PRODUCTS I USED:








2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love this cute outdoor Christmas scene in the non-traditional colors. Great work as always

Pam MacKay said...

Such a fun winter scene love the snowmen!