Sunday, October 16, 2022

Vintage Halloween Card






Hi my crafty friends!  Marla here to share a card I created using dies from the new CottageCutz Halloween release.  I followed a sketch from my friend Kendra's card challenge for the layout.  I used pattern paper from my stash to follow the simple design.   The sketch called for a 2.75" x 2.75" square that gave me the perfect place to build a scene.

For the Halloween scene I used the "Jack-O-Lantern Witch" die and inked the pieces with various Distress Oxide inks.  The sketch called for a shape to be in the upper right-hand corner of the square, so I knew the "Web" would fit perfectly with the theme. I cut it out with vellum.  

After assembling all of my images I adhered them to the card adding foam tape behind the pumpkin witch and a double layer behind my cat.  I still felt like the scene needed something else, so I added one of the ghosts from the "Haunted Ghost House" die and tucked it behind the pumpkin and above the sweet cat.

If you would like to see more details, you can head over to my YouTube Channel MAD About Cards and Crafts to watch.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Until next time....Marla











2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love the vintage twist on your cute Halloween card!

Mary Marsh said...

Great vintage vibe