Saturday, May 29, 2021

Patriotic Gnomes

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of Country Farm dies. They are on a great limited time sale. You can get the entire release of 16 new designs for under $120. That's a savings of 60%. The individual dies are on sale at 25% off. The DT will begin showing samples with these dies next week. 
 
We are also having a Memorial Day sale. You can get some great savings of up to 70% until June 2. So now is the time to get your wish list out and pick up some new dies. The release of Slimline dies are still on sale at the online store. They just make your slimline cardmaking so much easier. There are  9 Slimline designs and they are on a 25% off sale. 

Since this is a holiday weekend,  I am featuring a patriotic card in the slimline design. I focused on a July 4th theme since that's a big celebration for the US. I used the Flower Power Tomte dies from our 2020 Gardening release collection and dressed them in patriotic colors. I also used the Windows Slimline die.  

I decorate my home in a patriotic theme that I leave in place until mid-August. So this card will be part of my decorations. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card. 

Design Steps: 
I started the card off by selecting my designer paper. I wanted a patriotic theme but nothing that would overpower the gnome images. My patriotic paper is limited and I didn't want to make a run to my local Michael's store so I looked online for something that I could download for free. Yay- I found some on Pinterest. And it printed out nicely as well.
 
So I cut the windows slimline once from the designer paper and then again in a red and blue cardstock. My card base is white and measures 6" x 8" and scored at 3". It's the same size as the window frame. 
Next, I cut the gnome images in red, white and blue cardstock. I didn't want them both to be exactly alike so I cut their hats in different designer papers and cut the hat bands in two shades of blue cardstock.
For the center panel, I decided to make that a solid color. I used the banner that comes with this slimline die and stamped my sentiment in blue ink. The July phrase is part of the Calendar Months die from our Valentine 2017 release, but is currently out of stock. The stars are from the Circus Ringmaster die. 
Now that all my elements are cut I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the red window frame to the white card base with glue dots. Then I attached the inlaid panels with double sided tape.
To finish off my card, I added my patriotic gnomes and secured them with dimensional adhesive. I decided to use the garden flags that come with the die. In the red, white and blue I think they look like flags that you would wave at a parade. 
Well, that's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday. Have a great holiday weekend.

dies I used to create card: 







3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

How adorable I love the little gnomes dressed in red, white and blue!

Joanne said...

Love your card Mary. I like how you turned these cute guys into patriotic gnomes. Love your creativity.

Sukie said...

Such a sweet card! I love how you created the patriotic theme with those adorable gnomes!