Thursday, May 20, 2021

Love My Cat

Hello Scrapping Cottage Friends

It is Pam sharing with you on the blog today!

As I was telling you a couple of Thursdays ago I have a lot of spring and summer birthdays.  My sister and I both have July birthdays.  She is such an animal lover.  She lives in a very rural area so she is constantly feeding any little critter that comes in her yard especially during the cold winter days.  She also has a way of picking up stray or ferral cats.  She has quite a family of both indoor and outdoor cats and she dearly loves them all! So the card I am making today is for her birthday.


Design Steps:
1.  Use a slimline kraft card base, use your Nested Rectangle Slimline dies to create your red layer,  then cut a piece of plaid DP  5 2/4 x 3 1/8 and a piece of cat name DP 3 1/8 x 3.  Cut out your cat using the Cat w/a Spring Bird
2.  Shade your cat using a brown ink and small applicator then assemble it with a fine tip glue.  Ink in the eyes with a Sukura Black Glaze pen and then dot it with Sukura White Gelly Roll pen
3.  Glue the two different DP to the red card stock as shown.  Add a knotted ribbon where the two DP meet and glue to the kraft card base
4.  Using your Pierced Oval 4th from the largest cut out a dark brown oval.  Glue the oval to the card as shown.  Next place pop dots to the back of the cat and pop it to the center of the oval
5.  Using the Love My Dog, Love My Cat die cut out 3 Love My in dark brown and glue them together,  cut out 3 red and dark brown hearts with paws and place pop dots on the back of them
6.  Glue the Love My to the top of the card and add the little paw hearts as shown and your card is complete
CottageCutz Products



Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have time to get crafty and stop in our store to look at all of the wonderful dies we have just waiting for you!

Blessings and Take Care
Pam




4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Such a cute card for someone who loves cats- and your designer paper is perfect

Andre M. said...

This is such a fun mix of papers and images, love the palette on this card.

Jeanne said...

Adorable card for the cat lover. I love your paper choices!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I love the kitty theme with the papers, die cuts and fun sentiment!