Tuesday, May 18, 2021

A Cupcake for Your Birthday

It's time for another Throwback Tuesday!  It's Jeanne here today and I have a fun birthday card fusing a die from the 2019 Birthday release combined with the new Slimline dies.  These new dies are a great way to give variety to your card layouts!

I started with a card sketch from Splitcoatstampers that I rotated 90 degrees.  Card sketches are a great way to save time when creating.  Sometime I use them exactly, and other times they are a great starting point.

Next I chose papers and ribbon to get my colors.  The fun thing about this little mouse is that by changing up the colors you can make it more for a younger or older recipient, male or female.  I wanted mine to be very bright for a child so I went with this rainbow stripe paper.

I stamped my sentiment on a strip cut with the smallest of the Nested Stitched Rectangle Slimline dies.  Further contributing to the throwback theme I found some small old wooden alphabet stamps.  These worked perfectly to make the "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  I placed my die on my cardstock and drew a light pencil line around the outside edge.   I stamped my sentiment before cutting it out so I could adjust the placement and make sure it was centered.  Stamping at random angles adds to the casual, happy feel and is more forgiving than if I had tried to line up all the stamps!

My background paper is cut using the largest of the Nested Stitched Rectangle Slimline dies and I used the Stitched Circle and Nested Stitched Scallop Circle dies to give focus to my mouse.  She is cut from scraps and popped up using foam dots.

I love some bling, so I added some rhinestones to the final card.  Be sure to visit the online store where the new Slimline Release is on sale for a limited time!

Dies used:



 


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful rest of the week!


4 comments:

Sukie said...

Absolutely adorable! Your card is so festive, it's perfect for a birthday celebration!

Mary Marsh said...

such a cute birthday card - love the sweet little mouse

Pam MacKay said...

Love all the bright stripes such a fun cheerful birthday card

Joanne said...

So cute! I love the cheerful colors and the stripes. Such a fun birthday card.