Wednesday, May 12, 2021

I Shore Love You!

Hello!  This is Sukie and today I have a project to share for my design team post.  My card features several dies from the new Slimline die release.  These dies make slimline cards so quick and simple to create!

My card base was cut with the Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline die set.  I used a cloud stencil to create the puffy cloud background.  I left the bottom portion of my card alone since I knew it would be covered up.  I used the Hills Slimline for the sand border and the Clouds Slimline for the 2 sets of clouds.  The Sandcastle was cut with white card stock and shaded with some Oxide Inks.

The next step in my design process was to cover the bottom portion of my card base with the sandy hill.  The splattered paint adds a bit of interest to the sand.
Next, I layered the set of clouds on top portion of my card base.  The addition of the white cloud border breaks up all of the blue in the background.

The sandcastle was affixed on top of the sandy hill as the focal point of my card.  This die cut is so detailed and was perfect for finishing off the beachy scene!

The sentiment was stamped on a hand cut flag and was affixed between the sandcastle and clouds.
Here are the die sets used on my card, available in store:

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Such a cute and creative card

Pam MacKay said...

Love the sand castle perfect for a fun summer card

Jeanne said...

Very pretty! Love the sandcastle.