Saturday, May 08, 2021

Hello There Kitty

Hello Cottage Cutz fans!  It's Jeanne with the Saturday edition of the blog.  I am loving the new Slimline dies - they make creating slimline cards a breeze.  For my card today, I used the Nested Stitched Rectangles, the Hills Slimline along with the Cat in Spring Window die to create a bright all occasion card.

I love slimline cards, but I have a lot of patterned paper that is only 6 x 6 inches - way to short to cover the card!  And I'd love to use my embossing folders but they don't cover the whole card either.  So today, I have design tips that will allow you to use both of these from your stash!

I started by cutting and assembling the adorable Cat in Spring Window.  (You may have noticed I usually make a gray kitty - this is because we had one for years! So Andreya shows up on many of my cards.)

Using the largest Stitched Rectangle I cut a rectangle from white cardstock and a partial rectangle from the 6 x 6 inch patterned paper. 

Using an embossing folder I embossed as much of the white panel as possible.

I placed the lavender panel over the white panel along with my sentiment and window so I could decide where I would place the Hills die to cut my curve.

After it was cut I glued it to the white panel covering the plain side. Then added my phrase and window.  I used foam dots for the window box to give some dimension.

I love the stitching on the Stitched Rectangles and Hills dies. They give a cohesive and polished look when combining panels on a card.  The stitching goes all the way around the card and the added panel has a nice finished look to the curved edge. Any of the Hills dies will work for this giving a variety of looks!

Be sure to visit the online store where the new Slimline release is on sale for a limited time!

Dies used:



 

I hope you enjoyed my card today!  Have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love how you designed the card

Sukie said...

Very cute card!