Saturday, May 01, 2021

Mother's Day in the Bunny Tree Cottage

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of dies in the online store. Your slimline cardmaking is going to get a lot easier. We have 9 Slimline designs and they are on a 25% off sale. These are wonderful, basic dies that should be a part of every card maker's collection especially if you are liking the new slimline style.

The Circus, Spring and Safari dies are also currently on a 25% off sale. The DT is using dies from these collections along with the new Slimline dies to create our card samples. 

Today for your viewing pleasuring, I am using the Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline die along with the Bunny Tree Cottage dies and I created a Mother's Day card. My next door neighbor has 2 little ones and this will go to her. Her little 3 year old loves to bake with Mommy so I thought this scene would be perfect for her. 

Design Steps:
I started my card by cutting the Bunny Tree Cottage in different colors of cardstock. I cut 2 of the little bunnies and cut their outfits in blue and pink. My neighbor has a little boy and girl. Instead of the Mama bunny holding the pie, I put it in the hands of the small bunny. So she is presenting it to Mama for a Mother's Day gift. 
 
Next I cut my background panel. I used the 2nd largest Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline die and cut in white cardstock. I sponged tumbled glass distress and mowed lawn distress inks on the panel. I also used the Clouds Slimline die and cut in white cardstock then sponged it with tumbled glass distress ink. 
I stamped my Mother's Day Sentiment in an indigo blue ink directly on the clouds.  
Now that the card elements are done I am ready to start assembling my outdoor scene. I attached the clouds with double sided tape. The tree and cottage door with glue dots, the grass tufts and mushrooms are attached with Ranger multi matte adhesive. The bunnies are attached with dimensional adhesive. I also cut a flower pot & tulip and put it in the hands of the little boy bunny. 
To finish off my card, I cut a medium purple card base 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" and scored at 2 3/4" and attached the image panel to the base. I also added a couple of mushrooms at the tree base and front door to the cottage. 
That's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for using both the new Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline die and the Bunny Tree Cottage. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:











2 comments:

Sukie said...

Such a sweet card! The bunny scene is perfect for Mother's Day!

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute idea for a Mother’s Day card!