Sunday, July 02, 2017

Under the Sea Life

Hi!

It's Anja here and I have a summer card for you today. Summer has officially started and I can't wait to go to the beach, soak up the sun and get my feet wet. But for now a sea scene will have to do.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Under the Sea, Anchor, Happy Fish 1, Crab, Mushrooms & Greenery),
- Distress Inks (Broken China, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint; Abandoned Coral, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Black Soot, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade),
- Distress Oxides (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint),
- white Hero Arts pigment,
- white card base (21 x 10,5 cm),
- watercolor paper (20,7 x 10,2 cm),
- Ranger Multi medium Matte,
- Glossy Accents Glue,
- white and black pen,
- brown acrylic paint,
- brown foam,
- cinnamon and nutmeg mix,
- beach sand,
Wink of Stella glitter brush pen,
- white string,
- paper glue. 

First I made the background. I used watercolor paper and blended different shades of blue Distress Inks.


I started with light colors and added darker colors in the end. I blended the shades with Cracked Pistachio. I finished it off with a few drops of water and dried it with heat gun.


Then I die cut and colored all the greenery and creatures.





For the anchor I used a technique I learned on one of Pete Hughes's classes. I wanted the anchor to look old, like it under the sea for quite some time. I painted it with brown acrylic paint and before it dried I sprinkled cinnamon and nutmeg all over it. It gives it a rusty edge. I die cut additional anchor from foam to add a bit of dimension.


Then I glued all the pieces to the card. I put a generous amount of Multi medium matte at the bottom of the card and sprinkled it with beach sand to make it look more realistic. Then I added a few greenery pieces on it. I let it dry then.


And for the final touch I added some glitter on the fish, using Wink of Stella brush pen and some bubbles with Glossy Accents.


And this is how I made my under the sea scene.





Hope you like my card. I'm wishing you a fun filled Sunday :)

Take care,
Anja Z.






9 comments:

Urškine čestitke said...

Uauuu...kot vedno čudovito!!☺ Anja res občudujem tvoje barvanje izrezkov...☺lp

Janja said...

Wonderful card, Anja. Full of beautiful details!

Bev Polen said...

Anja, I love your under the sea card with the awesome background you created. The trick with cinnamon and nutmeg is fantastic. Thanks for sharing that. Great art, Anja!

Pam MacKay said...

Awesome underwater scene love how you shaded and colored your pieces!

Tina Z. said...

stunning card, I love it.

Lois said...

Super fun card, Anja! I especially like the anchor you added. Never heard that trick about the cinnamon and nutmeg. Pretty clever!

Mary Marsh said...

This is a work of art Anja - and I love all the little creative touches- a rusted anchor using spices-awesome and the addition of real sand is such a fab idea

SugarShine Designs said...

Your card makes we want to grab my snorkel gear and hit the beach! Great piece of fun art for someone special. - Janet

Tam said...

nice scene!