Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Elegant Wedding Card



Hello friends. It's Janet from SugarShine Designs. I hope you are having a great week! It's the middle of the summer wedding season so I thought I'd make a wedding card using some beautiful CottageCutz dies you can find in the store. Click below for the video tutorial showing how this comes together.


This is a 5" square card that features the Bride & Groom die on the front in holographic white card stock. I just love this simple but beautiful lacy die that is so smart, it cuts out the groom's bow tie so it can stand out. Very elegant! The couple is attached to a 4.75" square black embossed card stock that is lifted off of the card base with a 4.5" square of fun foam. This is a great way to get a little lift but not make it so thick that it can't be mailed. Across the couple, I placed another die called Tweet Love. It includes the Love sentiment and also two "tweet" little birds. I thought the birds were too big for my design but they are cute! I saved them to decorate the envelope. As a substitute, you could choose the new Love Expressions die or give it a slightly different twist by picking Celebrate, Adore, Dream, Cherish, etc. The pretty script in those dies would match the elegant feel of this card perfectly. To finish the front, I used three metallic flower sequins and white gems.


Inside I used the largest square from the Stitched Square set and added the lacy Balloon Bouquet die in the same white holographic paper as the Bride & Groom on the front. The balloon die is super versatile. It would work for any elegant celebration from birthdays, parties, weddings and anniversaries.


Thanks for joining me today. I'll see you soon with another video tutorial!
Janet

Dies used in this project:




7 comments:

Janja said...

So nice and so elegant.

Bev Polen said...

Janet, your wedding card is outstanding! I love the holograph paper! Where do you get that? Janet, I love your videos as you are so thorough! Great job, Janet!

Lois said...

What a lovely wedding card, Janet! And I agree about the self-adhesive backing. I use it all the time for my intricate die cuts. I also like the use of the fun foam for the backing of your black panel. I'll remember that in the future.

SugarShine Designs said...

Hi Bev. I got the Holographic paper at Michaels in their specialty paper area. Thanks for leaving me a comment on YouTube. I greatly appreciate it.

Pam MacKay said...

Fabulous wedding card love your design!

Mary Marsh said...

This is such an elegant card- love the dies you used to create it- your holographic paper is beautiful- perfect for a wedding card

Anja Ž. said...

Janet, your card is so elegant. I also love the color combination.