Sunday, July 16, 2017

Mini Summer Cards

Hi!

It's Anja here. A lot of my friends and family members (including me) have birthdays during summer and I love making them summer themed birthday cards. Today I have two simple mini cards for you, that are easy and quick to make. 


For these two cards I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Pelican, Sailboat, Life Preserver, Anchor, Lighthouse w/ Clouds, Pierced Circle Set),
- Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans, Pumice Stone, Wild Honey),
- two small craft card bases (4x4 inches),
- two matching envelopes,
- two white squares (10x10 cm),
- patterned paper (two 10x10 cm squares and two 9,6x9,6 cm squares),
- white and craft card stock for die cuts,
- paper glue.

This time I used smaller card bases. I cut smaller squares from white and patterned paper for the background. I shaded it with Vintage Photo Distress ink. 


Then I die cut the second and the third biggest circle from the Pierced Circles set. Circles cut from blue paper are the same size as circles cut from craft paper. 


I die cut all the other parts from white and craft paper. For darker part I used craft paper. I colored everything with Distress inks.



For the inside I cut two squares from patterned paper and two circles from white card stock. 


I decided to decorate the envelopes. I die cut and colored an anchor and life preserver. 


And finally I just glued all the pieces together. 






Have a wonderful Sunday.
Anja Ž. 









5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

love the nautical theme Anja - you created some great cards and I really like the idea of taking the theme to the envelope

Lois said...

What a wonderful pair of cards . . . and matching envelopes! The nautical theme was perfect for summer.

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful set of cards they would make a fantastic gift set!

SugarShine Designs said...

Great nautical cards. Your love of water and summer really show. Great work!

Bev Polen said...

Anja, I love nautical cards, and yours are great!!