Monday, July 10, 2017

Prayers

Hi, Lois here with my card for today, which could cover several needs.  I am part of a group of ladies at my church called Prayer Angels.  We each pick a name of one of the group out of a hat and become that person's "Prayer Angel."  We offer prayers for her throughout the year and send cards of encouragement.  A card similar to this one would fill the bill perfectly.  Or . . . it could be used as a sympathy card.   Unfortunately, we all need those occasionally.  I used three different CottageCutz dies on this card, including one of the new Expressions Plus dies.


To begin my card I cut a piece of purple cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scoring it at 4 1/4".  I also cut a piece of green cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and a piece of coordinating pattern paper 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".


Then I cut the cross/vine, the Prayers phrase, and the rounded rectangle panel from various colored cardstock.


Using Ranger Distress inks (Bundled Sage and Antique Linen) as well as a dark yellow Copic marker, I added some dimension to the die-cuts.


I then constructed my cross and vine, attaching the flowers with mini brads.



Because I was going to stamp an additional sentiment in black ink, I decided to shadow my "Prayers" Expressions Plus sentiment with black.  To make the adherence process easier, I had run the panels of cardstock through my Xyron X sticker maker prior to cutting out the words.


I then stamped the small sentiment in the lower right-hand corner of the pale green rectangle, added the cross/vine, which were popped up with foam tape, and constructed the rest of my card.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcrosswvine.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplusprayersphrase.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzroundedrectanglesetbasics.aspx

6 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

I like the idea of your group. And your card is beautiful, Lois.

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous card! Love how your group prays for one another!

SugarShine Designs said...

Great card of hope and encouragement Lois! You provided great instructions and many helpful photos too. It's very pretty and calming. - Janet

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful card Lois-and such a wonderful way to let someone know that you are praying for them

Bev Polen said...

Such a beautiful card, Lois! I love the purple patterned paper and the lovely cross! Great sentiment also!

Janja said...

What a beautiful card, Lois!