Sunday, July 09, 2017

Dream under the Stars

Hi!

It's Anja here. I'm a big fan of camping. Always was, always will be :) I would easily trade a five star hotel for sleeping under the stars. I hope I will be able to go camping for a few more days this summer.  And here is my camping card.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Campfire Clothesline, Dream Phrase, Grass Tress & Vines, Pierced Circle Set, Spring Bunny w/ Flowers),
- Distress Inks (Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Black Soot, Stormy Sky, Seedless Preserves, Fired Brick, Walnut Stain, Wild Honey, Forest Moss),
- Craft card base (15x15 cm),
- white card stock square (14,6x14,6 cm),
- watercolor paper (two 14,2x14,2 cm squares),
- white card stock for die cuts,
- white acrylic paint,
- paper glue.

First I cut and colored the backgrounds. I used Distress Inks. I shaded the first one from outside in and the second one from bottom to top. I started with lighter colors and then added darker shades. Over the black I shaded with blue and purple again.

Then I sprinkled a few water drops over the colored background and made some little stars with the brush and white acrylic paint.


When the backgrounds were drying I die cut all the other pieces, colored and glue them together.


I colored the pieces as usually and them shaded them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to make them look darker around the edges.



In the end I just glued all the pieces together. The tent in the front and all the camping equipment inside the card.





Have a nice Sunday.
Anja Z.







7 comments:

Janja said...

Anja, this is absolutely wonderful! I like.

Pam MacKay said...

Fantastic camping scene love it inside and out!

Lois said...

Super camping scene -- inside and out. And I love how your sky looks.

Bev Polen said...

Such an awesome camping card, Anja! I love the sky and the camping equipment on the inside of the card. Great piece of art, Anja!

Mary Marsh said...

I love your nighttime sky Anja- it turned out beautifully for your camping scene- not a camper but this scene looks so serene- makes you want to be a part of it

SugarShine Designs said...

Oh my gosh! I love the inside even more than the outside. The way you silhouetted the camping gear against the moon is very striking and your sky is breathtaking.

Tam said...

great card!!