Monday, July 24, 2017

Two Doves

Hi, Lois here with my Monday post.  As you are probably aware,  CottageCutz has two new die collections -- a wedding collection and a nesting shapes collection.  And they are currently 25% off through 9:00 pm tonight PST.  I'm using a die from each set this week for my monochromatic card.


To start my card, I cut two pieces of white cardstock -- 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4") and 3 7/8" x 4 1/8", and one piece of black cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"; as well as a piece of patterned paper 2 7/8" x 3 7/8".


Next I cut the Stitched Eyelet Rectangle panel, using the largest die in the set, and the Two Doves die-cuts from white and black cardstock.


Using some ivory Copic markers and a black pen, I added some accents to the doves.


I wanted the doves  to be raised from the card, so I placed some foam dots on the backs of them . . .


. . . and adhered the bird stand and doves onto the patterned paper, which had been glued to the black panel.  Sometime ago I bought a package of wedding paper, which also included some tags.  I adhered one of the small tags to the top corner.


I ran the 3 7/8" x 4 1/8" piece of white cardstock through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder with a similar pattern as that on the patterned paper; then I constructed the card base.


I glued down the finished eyelet panel at an angle, and my card was finished.



CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpairofdoves.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedeyeletrectangleset.aspx

6 comments:

Janja said...

This is wonderful. Nice creation.

SugarShine Designs said...

The love birds are so nice and your monochrome card sets them off very well. Nicely done!

Pam MacKay said...

Very pretty love the little birds and your great background!

Sukie said...

Such a pretty card! The background looks amazing and the little love birds are so sweet!

Anja Ž. said...

It is so elegant Lois. Nice work.

Mary Marsh said...

this is so beautiful Lois- love the dove die and you chose the perfect designer paper and embossing folder to show them off-