Monday, February 06, 2017

Sweet Honey!

Hi, Lois here with a card I created for the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge the other day.  I find that sketch challenges are a good place to start when making your card.  Here is the layout presented to us for that challenge.



Even though there is a heart on this sketch, I decided I wanted to make a card that was not necessarily a Valentine.  Products used on my card are:

Card base gold cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half, 4" x 3/4" strip
Yellow layer cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
White layer cardstock 3 7/8" square
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey
Dies - CottageCutz Sweet Valentines
Other - Darice bee border embossing folder, hand-made honeycomb stencil, heart punches, sponge applicators


To start my card I secured the honeycomb stencil onto the white panel with removable tape and then sponged on the three yellow inks.  Then I ran the yellow panel through my Cuttlebug with the border embossing folder on the right-hand side.  After sponging the embossing with Wild Honey ink to bring out the pattern, I glued the stenciled piece on the left-hand side and glued down the gold strip.  I adhered this entire panel to my gold background.

I cut and colored the images from the Sweet Valentines set.


I then punched out the two hearts from yellow and white cardstock, glued them together, and glued the hearts over the gold strip.  I stamped the sentiment at the upper left-hand corner.


I then popped on the die-cut pieces and I was finished.


I hope you like my card, and I'll see you next time.

CottageCutz die used on this card:



4 comments:

Janja said...

How sweet is this card.

Mary Marsh said...

this is really cute Lois- love this stamp set and you are showing it well

Anita Kejriwal said...

loved this card totally.

creative lady said...

Cute card!!!