Monday, February 27, 2017

Honey of a Day!

Hi, Lois here with another cute CottageCutz stamp and die set to show you today -- Ben w/Beehive.  These bears are just the cutest things!  If you haven't seen Chloe and Ben yet, take a look at the whole set.  My card is relatively clean and simple, although the die cut is popped up on foam dots.


Supplies for this card:

Yellow cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded in half
Black cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
White cardstock 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", scrap for stamping Ben
Honeycomb stencil
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger Distress ink - Scattered Straw, Wild Honey
Copic markers
Clear Wink of Stella
Foam pop dots
CottageCutz die -Ben w/Beehive

I stamped the image of Ben and the beehive with black ink onto a scrap of white cardstock, then colored the image with various Copic markers.  I added some clear Wink of Stella to the bees to give them a bit of sparkle.  I then cut him out.


I temporarily adhered the white cardstock to my work surface and taped the stencil on top.  Using an ink blender tool, I sponged the Scattered Straw and Wild Honey ink over the stencil.


I constructed my card by layering the black panel onto the yellow card base and layering the stenciled white panel onto the black.  I stamped the sentiment in black at the top of the panel and popped Ben and his buzzing friends on with foam dots.


I hope you like my card and will check out the rest of the Chloe and Ben stamp/die sets in the Scrapping Cottage store.

The die used on this card is:




6 comments:

Janja said...

Nice background that fits well with cute Ben.

creative lady said...

Adorable! Love these bumblebee bears.

Mary Marsh said...

this is so cute Lois- love the stenciled background and the fabulous coloring on Ben

Nancy said...

Another super sweet card! Love the stenciled background and the sweet image! :o)

Pam MacKay said...

Love the honeycomb stenciled background! Sweet sweet bears too!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Lovely card. All the elements compliment each other so well.