Saturday, February 25, 2017

Easter Cross & Tulips

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have some fabulous new Spring dies in the store. Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the Butterfly Cross die.

 I started my card by using this weeks sketch #633 from Splitcoaststampers. Using a sketch almost always is a good starting point for me. When I saw the layout and the rectangle layer in the circle I thought of using the Butterfly Cross die for that part of the sketch.

Daffodil Yellow Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Patterned Paper Layer: 5 1/2" x 2 7/8"
Circle Dies: 2nd largest in set
Stitched Circle Die: 3rd largest in set

I wanted the card to be bright to reflect the Spring & Easter season. So I looked through my stash first for patterned paper. I chose this lilac striped paper and decided to pair it with a daffodil yellow card base.

I cut the first elements of the sketch: the card base, patterned paper circle, purple layering piece and the scalloped border. For the scalloped border, I used the Sweet Love Border die. When I placed it underneath the patterned paper, I moved it up just to reveal the scallop edge. For the lilac layer above the patterned paper, I cut it 3/4" x 5 1/2". It's not necessary to use a bigger piece of cardstock to layer in this case.
 
I cut the Butterfly cross in lilac. I decided to add some tulips at the base of the cross. The tulip die is from the Hello Spring die set. This was a 2016 spring release. I cut the tulips in yellow to pick up the card base color. Easter sentiment is stamped in Tuxedo Black ink.

The greenery under the tulips is the snow bank from the Snowman w/Lamp Post die set. I cut it then placed it in the circle die and cut it again to get the rounded edge. Just another way to get more mileage out of the dies you already own.
To complete my card, I added a butterfly. I used the butterfly die from the Fancy Pocket Plus die set. I cut it in with the lilac cardstock and then a top layer of daffodil yellow patterned paper. Finished it off with a couple of light yellow pearls. 

Well, that's it for me for this week's post. Just a reminder that we are having a Design Team call right now. You can get all the info here. So until next time.........
 
Dies I used to create card:


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbutterflycrosselites.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancypocketplus.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsweetloveborders.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=snowman+w%2flamp+post
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx
 
 








4 comments:

Janja said...

Beautiful Easter card. Nice layout and choice of colors.

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous Easter card Mary!! Love the spring colors!

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty Easter card, Mary! The design is lovely, and the combination of dies you used is wonderful. Beautiful Spring colors too! :o)

Anita Kejriwal said...

Beautiful Easter card.