Saturday, February 04, 2017

Carnation Love


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have some fabulous new stamp & die combo sets released. Today for your viewing pleasure I am featuring one of the new Birthday Flowers sets. This one is the January - Carnation Flower. Not only is it a stamp but it has a matching die. So let's get started on how I created my card.

Card Base: 5" x 4"
Stenciled Layer: 4 5/8" x 3/ 5/8"
Wide Rectangle Frame: 4 3/4" x 3 3/4"

I started my card this week by stenciling a background. I was going for a lattice type look for my flowers. The stencil was done with Tumbled Glass distress ink, a Clarity brush and a stencil from DCWV. I think stenciling creates a special touch on your card.
Next step was to stamp and color my carnations. I used alcohol markers and made the flowers red. I was thinking Valentine's Day or even an anniversary card. Once the coloring was complete I used the matching die to cut the flowers out.
I was now ready to assemble my card. I decided to keep it on the clean and simple side because I wanted the flowers to be the focal point of the card. The pierced wide rectangle die set makes the perfect frame and adds another layer of interest.
 
 I used the Love Bow & Arrow dies for my heart and love word. It added a nice corner embellishment and still allowed the flowers to be the center of interest.  Scattered a few sequins to complete my card.
 
Well, that's it for me for this week.  I hope I have given you another idea for the Birthday Flowers stamps & dies. See you next week! 
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcarnation-januarystampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=wide+rectangle

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlovebowandarrow.aspx





5 comments:

Lois said...

Your card is gorgeous, Mary! The red carnation and frame really make it pop.

Janja said...

Beautiful card Mary.

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Mary, your card is so beautiful with the lovely carnation that you colored so well! Great card!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Very beautiful card Mary.

creative lady said...

I just bought the clarity brushes, can't wait to try them out! Your card is beautiful.