Friday, February 03, 2017

FLOWER OF THE MONTH-FEBRUARY


Hello !!!!
This is Anita here!!! First let me apologize for not posting last week as I was on vacation and was out of all internet connections. Now I am back, refereshed and recharged and rearing to go with new projects.
CottageCutz has come up with amazing line of stamps and die combos that are too adorable. I have loved each one of them and you too I am sure will like them. You can check these HERE and HERE and HERE

Today I am going to feature one of my favourite floral stamp-Violets-February



This is a beautiful floral stamp with matching die and colouring this is so much fun. I have made two cards here which inspite of being simple are yet very pretty.
So have a look.



 
To make this, I gathered my stamp and die set, some water colour paper and Zig real brush pens. I stamped the image on a white card stockcut with Memento Black ink and cut it with coordinating die.


Colour the image as shown.



Adhere the image on Cross stitched Oval die with 3d Foam tape.


Cut oval frames using the Cross stitch Oval set. You will need three broad frames and one narrow frame.



Adhere all together and distress the narrow frame as shown.

For the backing , place the oval die cut on a pattern paper and cut out the oval shape. Adhere to the back.

Score a card front on the score board. Add some quick water colour. Adhere the oval panel.


  The finished card



 CottageCutz Products used
CottageCutz Violets - February (Stamp & Die)

I have another card that I wanted to share with you. It is showing the same Violet flower set. I liked the finished result with both the soft water colour and the bold colour. I have stamped and coloured the image on water colour paper using zig brush pens to colour. The colouring has a washed effect which adds to the beauty of these flowers.



Here I have used CottageCutz Double stitched Rectangle die to create the frames of my card.

I hope you liked my cards. There are many more floral stamp and die sets for each month and all of them are so beautiful. Do try them . 
Hope you had a good time here. 

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

these flowers of the month stamps are wonderful- and you have made 2 pretty cards with them

Elaine said...

My 70th birthday is the 25th so I really love this stamp and die set. Love the cards you made.

Lois said...

I'm loving these flowers of the month, and apparently you do too because your cards are so pretty. I especially like the one in the oval.