Friday, May 20, 2011

The Spice of Life

Hello and happy Friday!!  Oh my goodness!  Have you seen the newest release from The Scrapping Cottage?  This In The Kitchen release has to be my all time favorite!  After operating our own restaurant for 7 years, and our son just taking it over within the past month, this couldn't be more timely!  I'm seeing all kinds of food and restaurant themed projects and cards in my future!!   When I saw this adorable Spice Rack & Jars die, I fell in love!!  Am I the only one that is totally addicted to spices and unique flavors when I'm cooking?  If I happen to get to the Amish store in our area, I'm hard pressed to make it out of the bulk spices aisle!!  I LOVE spices!!!  This adorable Cottage Cutz die comes complete with 12 stamps to make your spice cabinet personalized to your liking and is over the top fun to work with.
I kept this card on the clean and simple side, because I didn't want to detract one bit from this wonderful die, and I didn't want the card to become too busy.  I cut this with a variety of colored card stock and sponged the edges of nearly every element with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  Although the gingham and baker's twine in the photo look black, they're actually chocolate brown.  The sentiment is computer generated, and is popped up with foam dimensionals.  I hope you like this as much as I do!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I wish you a blessed day and weekend, and of course lots of happy crafting!!  Oh, and before I forget, have you checked out the first ever challenge from this blog.? Please check Monday's post to find all the details about our newest venture.  There is a fabulous prize that will be awarded to one lucky player, so pull out those Cottage Cuts and Cottage Impressions, and play around with the inspiration challenge this month!!!  I can't wait to see what you're doing with your Scrapping Cottage goodies!!  You can find all the details here.



4 comments:

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

I just love this release as well - I'm excited to start creating with my new dies! I love your spice card, it's so adorable!!

Shar said...

I love this!!! I can't wait to share with my dies too...they just came late yesterday. What a fun fun release this one is!!Great job Lorie.

Janice W. said...

Lorie this is so perfect! I love all the dies from this release and will be adding to my collection, I am sure. You say your twine and gingham are chocolate brown. My computer shows them as navy blue. Whatever color they are, it looks wonderful.

Kim H said...

Lorie,
This is just GORGEOUS! The colors, the inking, the papers and of course the dies! I love this card!
AWESOME job!