Friday, May 06, 2011

Celebrate A Beary Happy Birthday!

Good morning!  Happy Friday to you, and welcome to The Scrapping Cottage Blog!!  I have an adorable 8x8 layout to share with you today, made with the newly released birthday dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  I've had the most fun playing with these dies, and I don't think I'll be getting enough of them anytime soon!!  This release is AMAZING!!!!!
For this page, I used the Peeker Pocket (from a previous release), Birthday Peeker Bear, Pennants (plain), Pennants Pinking, and the Celebration Phrase, all from the birthday release.  I cut the bear with white card stock and colored him with my Copic markers.  The pocket was first stamped with the Burlap Background stamp from Market Street Stamps for an added look of texture to the pocket, then I added stitching with a white gel pen.  I cut the "Celebrate" in several different colors and paper pieced some of the letters for some color variation.  All the little stars and confetti are from the Celebration Phrase die, and I used those here and there for a fun touch.  

Thanks so much for taking visiting today!  Have a happy and blessed weekend and happy crafting!!



4 comments:

Shar said...

Oh Lorie, he's the cutest little guy ever! :) Love this colorful card!!!

Charlene said...

Beyond belief fantastic! Seeing this card made my day today - so cheerful! Everything about it is perfect, the colors, the layout, the cuteness factor! It must have taken you a long time to put it together - thanks for sharing it with us out here in blogville!

Joanne said...

Absolutely Adorable!!! Great layout.

Ruth Ellen said...

Fabulous layout!!!!