Saturday, May 07, 2011

Mommy I love you thissss much

 Happy Mother's Day. . . .I made this Mommy card with the Cottage Cutz Bunnies Die, this die will allow you to assemble your bunny is several different poses. You also have the clear stamps to do three style faces. I added beads to the side of the card, baby blocks with mom and a girl angel charm. 
 Here you can see the bunny stretching her arms out so hard that one eye is closing. . the one eyed stamp adds so much personality. I highlighted the bunny in ink and added a few thread lines to the overalls. I embossed A, B, C in the background. The Verse "I Love You This Much" was done with my DYMO Machine

Here is the same basic bunny, but I made both ears up and used the stamp with eyes wide open!. Rather than used the feet as normal I cut them in black as if they were bottoms of shoes. Ran a string under to show on each side. . shoe laces. I also used the Cottage Cutz Stitched Flower Die to cut the buttons and the Cottage Cutz Rick Rack Border Die for the stripe.

OK here is just a added note for today. .I am trying something new with the 4x6 Cottage Dies. I have people ask me all the time how do I store the bigger dies. Well!!!! When the Cottage Cutz Die and Stamp sets came out I thought. . how do I keep the stamps protected and with the die. Above you will see the DVD size cases that Stamping Up sells for cling rubber stamps. They have a sleeve on the outside to put the paper label and I stick the stamps to the inside cover of the case. Also you can see how I stamp the stamps in black on the back of the picture before slipping into the sleeve. . so I have a clear view of what the stamps will do. So what are the negatives. . the case is to big too thick. . waist space !!!! . . Well it also fits the really big seed packet die, I have four border dies in a case also. You can put two 4x6 dies in each box if you want. There is two sides of the box sleeve to put your picture label. As you see with my second picture. I was able to put the Ducky Die and the matching Accessory die together. You can also add a zipper bag inside the box with extra pieces that you may have cut with the die but not used (waist not . . loose not). The CD Boxes do really stack neatly on a shelf.  This is really a possible solution for the bigger dies. **** at least for now.
Thank You   Barry

2 comments:

Shar said...

How sweeeet! I love this adorable bunny. Very cute cards, Barry. :)

Narda said...

Barry! I love your work & your cards! Cannot wait to see more
Thanks! Narda