Friday, May 27, 2011

Homemade Salsa Tag

Good morning!  I have something yummy to share with you today, and I'm not just talking about my homemade salsa.  I think I love this tag even more than I do that homemade goodness in the jar.  I made this cute little tag using the Homemade Tag die, and the coordinating Home Baked Clear Stamps that are a part of the recent In The Kitchen release at The Scrapping Cottage.
 I started with a base tag, and you can cut your own, or use a die, as I did.  Mine was a Sizzix die.  I then used the Homemade Tag die to cut the the lighter paper to be applied to the base tag.  I stamped the veggies with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with my Copics.  The edges of the tags are sponged with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Vintage Photo.  I did a little bit of paper piercing along the edges of the tag, and each layer is popped up with foam dimensionals.  I added some vintage hardware, a bit of burlap, and seam binding ribbon, which I crinkled for a more vintage look.  The homemade salsa is some from last year's garden.  I sure hope this year will be bountiful so that we can whip up some more of this.  I've given lots of it away for gifts, and it would be a great bake sale item.  The tags just make them irresistible!!  Oh!  Have you checked out the first Cottage Blog Challenge?  There's still time to enter, and you can find all the details here!!
Have a safe and wonderful Memorial Weekend!!  Happy stamping and scrapping!




5 comments:

Luv 2 Create said...

Beautiful presentation. Home made salsa - sounds wonderful.
Marcie

Donna said...

Really REALLY nice idea Lorie. Another job well done! Donna

Shar said...

Oh my. This is beautiful! The tag is as lovely as the gift!!!

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Beautiful!!!

Janice W. said...

Just perfect Lorie!