Friday, March 20, 2009

Whimsical Easter Topiary





Topiaries are traditionally a more formal piece that you might find in your home. Here at the Scrapping Cottage we don’t always follow tradition! This bright, whimsical tree is fun, playful and ANYTHING but formal. I used several of my favorite QuicKutz dies to create this festive holiday centerpiece. The peek-a-boo bunny (KS-0412) is quite charming and lovable as he peeks over flower pots and just about anything else you can imagine! The Easter egg (KS-0414) is an incredibly resourceful die. You can decorate it any way you like, adding many other QuicKutz shapes to create the perfect egg! I love the simplicity and versatility of the daisy (KS-0537).




I am enchanted by all of the flourish dies created by QuicKutz. This particular flourish (REV-0025) is so happy and conventional, it feels like home!
Butterflies flutter and dance in the garden, they are beautiful and shy all at the same time. This, my best-loved QuicKutz butterfly (KS-0172), is amusing two exclusive pals created especially for the Scrapping Cottage. The darling bee and the delightful ladybug are part of Scrapping Cottage’s custom Tea Set (C-0072-D-REV).

Just to put a SMILE on your pretty face, these dies can be found here at the Scrapping Cottage for all of your fanciful, inspiring designs!









6 comments:

Natasha said...

WOW!!!!!! Rochelle, this is absolutly gorgeous :-) You are soooo talented. I cant wait to see what else you have in store for us for the future :-)

Beverly S. said...

Double WOW!!!!! :) This is beautiful! I crown you the "queen
of topiaries!!!!" Love all the papers and diecuts you used.

Ruth Ellen said...

Totally amazing! This topiary is absolutely darling!!

annb said...

Wow, Rochelle! What an awesome topiary!! I love the bee dangling over the top, such a great idea.

CreatedbyKay said...

This is so dang cute Rochelle! I love all the dies you incorporated into this topiary. What an amazing project - I'm so impressed!

Joanne said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! This is incredible. I'm with you Natasha, I can't wait to see what else she has in store for everyone.