Saturday, March 28, 2009

ALTERED MINI CRATE






This week I focused on using the QUICKUTZ GRASS border die & the INKING of the die cuts before putting them onto my projects. I’m so glad I did the inking because the difference is amazing and it’s easy to do. You can make a flat 2D die cut look like a




3D work of art in no time at all. If you haven’t tried inking yet, you are missing out, and I’m sure that once you try it you will not regret it.
I started this week by altering a mini wooden crate that has been floating around my house for a while now. I thought I would get creative and turn it into something useful.
I started by inking the wooden Crate and all my die cuts. I used TIM HOLTZ DISTRESSED INK, but you can also use TSUKINEKO, MEMENTO INK. There is a great variety of both these inks in stock at THE SCRAPPING COTTAGE.
I glued the QUICKUTZ GRASS BORDER to the outside of the crate and then placed the die cuts onto the crate as I wanted them. When I used the QUICKUTZ FLOWERS die, I replaced the flowers with buttons. The other dies I used were the SIZZIX ORIGINALS ROOSTER, QUICKUTZ MUSHROOMS, QUICKUTZ PUMPKIN and the mice & vine are from the exclusive PRINCESS CARRIAGE die.
The pictures show the Crate before and after, and then also a close up of the front and side.

6 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

Fabulous project!!! Love how you used the little mice from the SC Exclusive Tea Set die!!

Natasha said...

Thanks Ruth Ellen :-) The mice are actually from the Exclusive Princess Carriage die. I love these little mice, although I do find that I go a little squint eyed trying to make them :-)

CreatedbyKay said...

This is so cute Natasha! I love the ink details and those mice are too cute!

annb said...

OMG that is such an amazing project!! What a great idea! I love all the dies.

Rochelle said...

Awesome Natasha! Creative idea and the placement of your ink is outstanding! A project after my own heart! :O)

Northern Star said...

What a great project idea! What a great project. i haven't tried Altered Crafts before but you are giving me ideas. Bravo!