Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Watch for it Wednesdays! #2

This week I would like to share a tip for a quick and easy way to make a folded shaped card. Cut your cardstock into the size card you want and fold it in half. Make sure your card is larger than the shaped die you plan to use. Next, place the folded edge of the card slightly below the cutting edge of your metal die.
Now, when you roll your card and die through your cutter, you will have a shaped card with the folded edge still intact. I used the Quickutz Cookie Cutter Nesting Flowers to create my scalloped edge card.

6 comments:

Natasha said...

THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIP Ruth Ellen - I'll definatly try and remember this one.

Donna said...

Sorry I had to delete the last comment, it put something weird in I didn't even write,
ANYWAY I love this tip and what a great card!

nbuston said...

Great tip! Wonderful for little note cards/tags. Love it!

Rochelle said...

This is such a wonderful tip...the possibilities are endless!! I love this because we can all make fun, quick, and UNIQUE cards for every occasion! Thank-you! :O)

CreatedbyKay said...

Great idea Ruth Ellen! I need to keep this one in mind next time I need a notecard!

Beverly S. said...

Great tip. Love your sample.