Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WATCH FOR IT WEDNESDAY #1

Each Wednesday we will be posting a simple Tip or Technique to help you out on those scrappy related projects. We're calling it "Watch for it Wednesday"

This week I'd like to show you how to add just a little detail on your diecuts. I keep a bottle of white Acrylic paint handy to add little white dots in the center of the eyes. I shake up the paint and unscrew the lid and then dip the pointed end of my Quickstik in the little bit of paint in the lid and then dot it right on the diecut. This way there is no paint mess. I do this on almost all my diecuts that have eyes. It's quick and easy and makes the diecut come to life. On this owl I also took my Zig pen and detailed his nose just a bit to make it stand out as well.


4 comments:

Beverly S. said...

Great tip, Kay. That's one I'll have to remember. :)

Natasha said...

Thanks for the great tip :-)

Ruth Ellen said...

Love the idea of using the end of the Quick Stix!!

Rochelle said...

This wonderful little detail adds so much life to eyes of the character! I am so excited to try this!! Fantastic tip! Thanks for sharing Kay!