Sunday, March 22, 2009

FORMAL INVITATION


Sorry, this is not a great photo, but no matter how many times I took it, I could not capture the true elegant look of this invitation. Remember that you can click on an image to enlarge it and It will give you a much more detailed & clearer image :-)
Keeping with the 'Formal' theme I used for my last layout, I have once again used the Quickutz Damask 12" border die and split it long ways through the centre to make the left side border for this invitation card. I cut the Quickutz Revolution Chandelier from textured cardstock and added Kaiser Pearls to give it a more formal & fancy look. The light shades are cut from Vellum paper and I inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. The Chandelier is attached to the card with adhesive foam dots to give it a 3D look and raise it off the Card.
I tore a piece of vellum paper and added the Invited title using the LIMITED EDITION SOPHISTICATE Alphabet set, and then attached it to the card using little silver brads. This invitation card would be great for a Black Tie event, Formal evening dinner, graduation, prize giving etc....
There is a limited quantity of this SOPHISTICATE ALPHABET set in stock at THE SCRAPPING COTTAGE. This limited edition gift set is GREAT VALUE for only $75 (The value of this gift set is worth over $175). Be sure to check out the item description to see all the BONUS exclusive QuicKutz products that are packaged with this alphabet set in a cloth-covered keepsake box. I Just wanted to let you know because I LOVE mine & I'm sure you would too :-)

5 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

So elegant!! I love the pearls added to the chandelier!!

Rochelle said...

Very elegant! A wonderful way to use the chandelier!! And I agree, the pearls are a perfect touch!

nbuston said...

Love the way that you did the chandelier. You brought it to life!

Beverly S. said...

Elegant! Love your design with
the chandelier!!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Love the pearly touches and some great ways to use the damask dies!