Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Watch For It Wednesdays! #3



Have you ever tried chalking your diecuts? If not, you are missing out on a FUN and EASY way to add depth and life to your diecuts. :) Look at my photo of the new Sizzix Easter Basket die to
see "before chalking" and "after chalking." All you do is take a Q-tip and rub it on the chalk and
then rub it on your diecut. You can add as much or as little color as you want. I did a card for you to see it finished and put together. The card is also a Sizzix die. It is the Sizzix Bigz XL

7 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

What a pretty little Easter card! I love the before and after pictures!! Great tip about the Q-tip!

Rochelle said...

This is an adorable card ...it does come to life with chalk! I love to chalk but have never used a Q-Tip!! Thanks for the great advise! :O)

CreatedbyKay said...

I love this Easter basket after you chalked it! Too cute!

Northern Star said...

I just love this Easter Card! I have avoided the Hello Kitty Dies thinking I wouldn't be interested. I was wrong.

marym said...

It's gorgeous. I've never used chalks before. How to you keep them from rubbing off? If that's not a silly question?

Beverly S. said...

Mary....you can lightly take a piece of white paper (like cardstock or typing paper) and rub it over the chalked applied colors. This
burnishes the chalk so that it doesn't rub off. It "sets" the chalks so to speak. :)

Natasha said...

Great tip Beverly-I'll try this:-) I usually chalk with a piece of sponge cloth folded in half (using the folded edge).