Saturday, March 04, 2017

Easter Basket + Tutorial


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have some fabulous new Spring dies in the store. Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the Build an Easter Egg and Spring Bunnies dies. I made an Easter Basket with them.

I have seen quite a few baskets made using the Envelope Punch Board and I may try one of those soon. But, I realize that not all of you may have that tool. So my basket is made with dies and a scoring tool. I have loads of pictures for the process but here is a link to a video.

So let's get started on what I did for my project.

Step 1: The basket uses one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cut as shown in the following template.

 My first cut was at 4 1/2" x 11". Then cut this piece in half to measure 5 1/2" x 4 1/2". Used these pieces for my basket sides. The next piece used for the basket itself was cut at 4" x 6 1/2".  My last cut was 4" x 4 1/2". I used this piece to cut the basket handle.

Step 2: I used the largest Stitched Oval die for my basket sides. I cut 2 ovals using the 4 1/2" x 5 1.2" cardstock piece.  For the handle, I used the Oval die set -  Choosing the 1st and 3rd largest dies in the set. The cardstock piece is the 4" x 4 1/2" panel.


 

Step 3: I was now ready to complete the scoring on the 4 x 6 1/2" panel.  First score was at 1/2" on both sides of panel in portrait mode. The 2nd score is at 2". This was done on both sides of cardstock. Used a bone folder to crease all score lines. Also make cuts as shown in photo.

 
 
 
Scor-Tape added to top and bottom of panel
Step 4: I also scored the stitched ovals. This just made it easier to fold it under the basket base. Scored this at 1/2".  Used an embossing folder for added texture on the basket sides. I didn't emboss the 1/2" that was scored.

 
Scor-Tape added to oval panels
 
Step 5: Basket Assembly begins. The basket sides get secured to the base.
 
Both sides secured


 
 
Step 6: Die cut the elements for decorating the basket. Used lots of bright spring colors. Elements adhered with Ranger Multi-Matte medium and glue dots. Added the handles to basket with glue dots. I simply cut the oval that I made in  Step 2 in half.
 
 
 
Step 7:  Basket completed and time to fill with some goodies for gift giving.
That's it for me for this week. I hope I have inspired you to make a basket of your own for Easter or as a Spring gift. See you next Saturday!
 
  
 
 Dies I used to create card: 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbuildaneasteregg.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringbunnies.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzovalsetbasics.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedovalsetbasics.aspx
 
 
 
 
 
 






11 comments:

Lois said...

What a delightful little Easter basket, Mary! And your directions were superb! Thanks for sharing.

Sukie said...

Adorable Easter basket! Those colors are so eye catching and the embossing adds so much dimension! I love all of the fun embellishments you added, great tutorial too!

Mary Marsh said...

Thank you Sukie for your kind comments

Janja said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing this nice idea ��.

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful Easter basket love the bright colors and embossing!

LeeAnn McKinney said...

This is amazing Mary, thank you so much for sharing exact details. My little grandson will be happy this Easter. Loving coming by daily and seeing all the new projects using Cottage Cutz dies and stamps.

kReN said...

What fun! I love this project and love that you gave us the details too. TFS!

Nancy said...

What a lovely Easter basket, Mary! It's a wonderful assortment of sweet dies!
Thanks so much for the great tutorial on how you put it together! :o)

creative lady said...

Beautiful Mary, thanks for the tutorial!

Bev - Guneaux Designs said...

Mary, your little Easter basket is so lovely in nice spring colors! The die cuts are gorgeous and the embossing is a great addition. Your tutorial is very detailed and thorough! Great project, Mary!

Anita Kejriwal said...

So wonderful. Loved the tutorial