Saturday, April 22, 2023

Set of Two Floral Cards

Hello crafty friends,
Melinda here with you and today I am sharing a set of quick and easy cards to help you build your stash. Take a peek!

My two cards are both A2 cards with a pretty floral theme. The center piece for this set is the Flower 5 die from the recent Cottage Cutz Flowers and more release.


Here's a closer look at the first card with a single flower in the center.

After cutting out my card base, I cut out a couple of mats. I ran them through some embossing folders I had in my stash. 


For the larger one, I spritzed some Shimmerz Vibez spray to give it some fun color and bring out the wood grain texture.

I cut out my flower 5 die in white cardstock and then used my markers to color in the leaves and the flower heads. I used some of my Nuvo Dew Drops for the center of the flowers and also as a decorative touch on the top right corner. I used some White Shimmerz Vibez spray on the kraft embossed mat. It gives it a subtle added touch without being too overpowering. I then mounted all of that onto a scallop stitched rectangle die mat and then wrapped that with some twine. I did use some foam tape on the back to give it just a little lift.

Here's a closer look at the second card. I used the same elements as the other card. I traded the colors of the mats and also used one size bigger scallop stitched mat. I used two of the Flower 5 dies on this one.


Here's a look at the same word embossed mat. I inked this with some of my navy ink.

For the larger mat on this card, I used kraft cardstock and then sponged some of my white ink onto the mat to bring out the texture.

Here is one last look at both cards. A great tip to build your stash is to make sets of cards just like this. You don't have to put a sentiment on them until you know what the occasion is for. These are perfect for everything from Hello, thinking of you, to condolences, and anything in between!

Don't forget to check out the Cottage Cutz YouTube channel! Plus you want to check back here daily to see what the other amazing designers create. Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day! 

Dies Used To Create This Project






2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

These are 2 floral beauties Melinda

Pam MacKay said...

Such a pretty pair of flower cards!