Saturday, April 15, 2023

Congrats On Your New Home

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand-new Easter release with 17 new designs available in the online store. There is something for every card maker with faith-based dies, beautiful floral images, whimsical with bunnies and frogs and several lovely birds and butterflies.

You will be able to take the images beyond the Easter or Spring season. And for a limited time you can get individual dies at 30% off

Today for your viewing pleasure I am using the new Spring Birdhouse Cup die to create a congratulations on a new home card. My brother-in-law is building a new home and this is a card for him. 

Design Steps:

Since I knew the theme of my card, I started off thinking about my background. I have a paper pad with different heavenly skies backgrounds. I selected this one with a blue sky and sun rays. I thought it would work perfectly with the die images. 
The paper is 6" x 9" so I carefully cut it at 4 1/8" x 5 1/2". 

Yellow Card base: 4 5/8" x 5 3/4"
Blue Layer: 4 1/4" x 5 5/8"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 1/2"
Next, I cut the birdhouse & bird images in cardstock with colors that would coordinate with the background paper. 
I used an older die for my die cut phrase. It's the "Our New Home" die. I cut it in a darker blue shade of cardstock. 
Now that all my elements are cut, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the layering panel and designer paper to the card base with double sided tape. 
Next, I attached all the images with dimensional adhesive. On the windows I cut a pale-yellow cardstock to give the illusion of inside light. I placed this in the window openings. 
That completes my card for this post. I hope I have given you a way to use this die. See you next Saturday.

dies I used to create card:




No comments: