Monday, February 27, 2023

Sweet as Lemonade

Happy Monday crafty friends!

Kris here with a cute Box Card!  I really love to make box cards like this because they are easier than they look and you can fit more dies/images on them to create cute scenes and really gives your recipient a fun surprise!  ☺ 

I've used several brand new sets from the Flowers & More Release -- which are all 30% off for a limited time!


*The girl is an image I drew as part of my own  digital stamp collection (2015) and is not currently available, however this boxcard would also be cute with only the CottageCutz dies listed or add your own favorites from the shop!


Design Steps:

1.  I cut all my cardstock and patterned paper pieces:

Pink Cardstock:
• 4-7/8" square
• (2)  2-1/2" x 1-1/4" - scored 1/2" in on each end;  mitered top flaps

White Cardstock:
• die cut the largest Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles

Lime Green Cardstock:
• 1-1/4" x 4-7/8"
• (2) 5-5/8" x 1-1/4" - score 3/8" in from each end; miter top flaps

Patterned Paper (green):
• 4-3/4" x 1-1/8"

Patterned Paper (pink):
• 1-1/8" x 1-3/8"


2.  I stenciled sun rays onto the Wacky Stitched Rectangle with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink.


3.  I mounted my patterned papers and sun rays to their corresponding pieces as shown below.


4.  To assemble the shelves, I used the same technique as my cow box card HERE (follow steps 8-14).


5.  I die cut all my decorative pieces, then colored and assembled them.  

*Note:  I die cut 2 of the lemonade stand, one in a wood pattern and one in white and glue together to make it more sturdy.  

6.  I attached all my pieces!  

*Note:  I stamped "You're as" onto the sun rays panel.  Then glued the Sweet w/ Shadow in place.  I attached the stand, fence and my stamped girl with a piece of heavy acetate that extended an inch below the die cut/image and attached that to the shelves.  You could use cardstock, but the acetate I used is sturdier than c.s.  Here's a couple of process photos.



One more look at my finished card.


It folds to the side and fits into a 5" x 7" envelope.


Products I Used:
  

  

  



1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

Your funfold cards are always so well designed - this one is over the top cuteness!!!