Monday, February 20, 2023

Heartfelt Sympathy

Hello and Happy President's Day crafty friends! 

Kris here sharing some inspiration with you, but first.... we have a HUGE President's Day Sale going on right now thru Friday, 24th!!  Save up to 70% OFF on selected CottageCutz dies in the store! Shop early for best assortment!


Today's card features flowers & leaves from the new Flowers & More Release -- which are still 30% off -- a great deal and these are a must-have for your all occasion stash!  All the CottageCutz products I've used on this card are pictured and linked at the end of my post.

CUTTING & SCORING:
  • Sand-colored Card Base = Cut 9-1/2" x 6" - then score the longest edge at 4-3/4"
  • Patterned Paper (Teal) = Cut 4" x 5-1/4"
DESIGN STEPS:

1.  I embossed my teal patterned paper with a Parisian 3D embossing folder, and attached to Suede card panel (4-1/4" x 5-1/2")


2.  I stamped a sentiment on my white circle, then sponged some Gathered Twigs distress ink to tone down the white.  I glued it onto the scalloped circle, then onto my card front, over to the right edge.

3.  I die cut Flower 3, Flower 5, Leafy Branches 1, 2, and 3, and the Butterfly Kayla from white cardstock and then added distress inks to color them; Gathered Twigs for branches & butterfly body.... Peacock Feathers for the blossoms and butterfly wings... Broken China for smallest blossom center.  


4.  I figured out placement of everything and glued in place, then adhered to center of my sand-colored card base. 

5.  I then spattered some metallic gold acrylic paint over my leafy branches (mostly).  I love the look this gives for a nice finishing touch.  


Here's one more look of the finished card...


COTTAGECUTZ PRODUCTS USED:

          

   

Want to watch CottageCutz designers in action? 

Follow the CottageCutz YouTube channel here.

~Kristine


6 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

This is beautiful I love the color combo and composition

JoAnn said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors and design. TFS

Mary Marsh said...

Wow Kristine- this is gorgeous- very well designed

Freebet Terbaru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Freebet Terbaru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Freebet Terbaru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.