Saturday, February 04, 2023

Special Delivery

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand new release of dies in the online store. It's our Flowers & More release. For a limited time, you can get the entire bundle for 50% off. The individual dies are 30% off. This release has what we are calling "simple cuts". Meaning not as many pieces to put together so they assemble quickly. 

The team has started to make samples so if you have missed any, check back on the Blog. I will have a sample for tomorrow's post. But for today, I am featuring a die from the Christmas Part 2 collection. Which, by the way, you can still pick up for 30% off

I used the Sweet Treats Truck and created a Valentine card. 

I started the card with my colors. I used the colors from the current Splitcoaststampers color challenge #933. We are to use coastal cabana, crumb cake and poppy parade for the color trio. 
coastal cabana, crumb cake, poppy parade

I went with a Valentine design for my card. I had this idea for the truck carrying lots of hearts. And I thought the colors were somewhat non-traditional for a Valentine card. 

The truck had Santa and Christmas treats in the truck bed. I just eliminated Santa and his treats and added hearts. I cut the truck in poppy parade cardstock and added the hubcaps in crumb cake. Stamped the special delivery phrase in black ink.

The hearts in the back of the truck came from various older dies. The ones with the wavy lines are from the Lovebug Bee & Ladybug die. 
Used acetate for the windshield and headlight but it didn't show up very well in the photo. In retrospect I maybe should have shaded it with gray ink?

I cut the Valentine phrase from the Valentine Phrase & More die in poppy parade and stamped the love word in black ink.

That's my card for today. See you back here tomorrow with a sample from the new release. 

Die I used to create card:





No comments: