Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Pink Floral Card

Happy TuesDIE Cottage Cutz Friends!
Melinda here with you, on this wonderful day! It is scheduled to be pretty warm here in Florida so getting some crafty time in is a great way to send the day! For today's project, I am sharing a simple and pretty card I created with dies from the amazing new Flowers & More release from Cottage Cutz!

 All the dies in this collection are a wonderful addition to your crafty stash. Here is my projects for today.
My card is an A2 top folding card. I started with a white cardstock base. I then added a mat from some patterned paper and also a mat of black cardstock. Each a 1/4" smaller than the mat.

I then cut out the pretty flower 1 die from regular white cardstock. I used my markers to color in the petals and the leaves. For this flower, I layered two layers of the flower petals together. I offset the top layer slightly and also gave the top layer a bit of curve so it would have a touch of dimension. I also layered the two smaller petals. 

You can also see that I used the double stitched oval die to cut out the patterned paper mat. I layered all of that onto a scalloped oval die cut with white cardstock. I then added some sequins for an extra decorative touch.

To finish off the card, I die cut the second smallest double stitched oval die cut from the set with white cardstock. I also cut out the Thanks die in white cardstock. I colored it in with some dark gray marker. It almost looks black but not quite. 



Here is one last look at my finished card. I think it turned out super cute! I think layering the main flower piece gives this flower some great dimension!

Flowers & More collection!
Here's a look at the entire collection of dies in this fabulous release.



Dies I Used

Flower 1



Double Stitched Oval Set



Scallop Oval Set


Don't forget to head over to the Cottage Cutz You-Tube Channel where you can see some of our amazing design team members create some beautiful projects!


Well that about covers it for today! May you have a wonderful Valentine's day and enjoy a little love in your day! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran



1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

This is so striking Melinda - love the colors you used