Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Hot Cocoa Box

Hello Cottage Cutz Friends!
Melinda here with you, and today I am sharing a fun Hot cocoa box I made. I decorated it with some of the fun dies from the Christmas release. I love that you can invest in these seasonal dies, but use them well past their intended season. It is great to get a lot of mileage out of them!
Here's a look at my fun box. I used white cardstock for the base of the box. I then used some blue cardstock for the mats. From there I did all the fun stuff of decorating my box. 

here is another view of my box. You can see the front is just a bit shorter so you can pull out the hot cocoa packets.



Both pieces of the box. I have to take the time to measure out the two pieces. I will update this when I do. I made SEVERAL versions before I settle on what I was happy with. I think one of these days, I need to add in some photos of what my desk looks like when I am coming up with these boxes. There is a LOT of trial and error involved before I get it right...lol. Of course that is a part of the fun of crafting, right?! Dreaming up something and having it come together. I do know the large rectangles on the left side piece are 3.5 x 5. That is the right size for the Swiss Miss hot cocoa packs. 



Here is a photo of the box as I am putting the two pieces together.


Here is another picture as I am putting the box together.


Here is a picture of the base of the box as it is first put together.

Here is a picture of the bottom. I added some half beads on the bottom for the "legs". I also added some extra mats at the bottom for some extra stability.

Here is a closer look at the top. I added some of the super cute snowmen friends die to a scalloped rectangle mat. I added some pink paper and some pretty patterned paper too.


For both sides I used the scalloped rectangle and added a pink cardstock mat and some more of that pretty Doodlebug patterned paper. To that I added my hot cocoa mug with the little "steam curl" and the cookies & cocoa verbiage.

I think my little box turned out super cute and will be taking this to my office.

Dies I Used


Cookies & Cocoa

Santa Gnome w/Cookies

Snowmen Friends


Nested Scallop Rectangle Set


Stitched Heart Set


Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran


3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Great directions for this sweet project

Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine said...

Funtastic cocoa holder Melinda! Adorable 🥰☕