Monday, January 23, 2023

Be Mine Valentine Gnome

Hello and happy Monday CottageCutz friends!

Kris here sharing with you a cute slimline Valentine card I made using the Jolly Santa Gnome die from the Christmas 1 Release (which are all 30% off right now!) which I made into a Valentine Gnome ♥  I simply left off his white trim on his outfit, and exchanged the present & candy cane in his hands to hearts (from the Whimsical Hearts Slimline die) Getting creative with your dies gets you more bang for your buck!  


I used some cute papers from Doodlebug Designs behind the heart cut-outs.

DESIGN STEPS:

• I die cut the Heart XO Windows Slimline die from light teal cardstock.

• I decided I wanted a li'l bit of a pink border so I cut my card base at 7-1/2" x 8-3/4" and scored the 7-1/2" side in half at 3-3/4"

• I cut each of 3 patterned papers at 2-3/4" x 3-1/4"


• I added tape behind each of the 3 patterned papers and attached to card front as pictured below (even amount of pink border around the outsides).

• I added foam strips to the backside of XO Heart Windows layer to give a bit of dimension to my card.  Then I centered onto card front.


•  Next, I die cut my Jolly Santa Gnome from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I die cut just the hat from a piece of patterned paper.  I then popped him onto the middle heart with foam strips.

•  I glued some random size hearts (left overs from cutting the Whimsical Hearts Slimline die) to the front.

•  And to finish it off, I die cut "Be Mine" from the Stitched Alphabet die and popped them up with foam strips.  ☺♥

Thanks so much for peeking in today!  I hope I've inspired you to get creative with your CottageCutz dies!  Happy Crafting xo
~Kristine

PRODUCTS USED:





No comments: