Sunday, January 01, 2023

Happy New Year

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and holiday week. Now it's time to settle in for the winter months. It's a perfect time for cardmaking and other crafting pursuits.  To help you out we are having an after Christmas sale over in the online store. The savings are up to 80% off.  
Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring a slimline New Year's card. I typically send out a few to friends I may have missed with a Christmas card. I used the Polar Bear Trio & Igloo die and the Stitched Numbers dies. This one is retired but it's still available at 76% off right now. 

Card Details:  

I started my card with the designer paper selection. I have this collection of slimline card fronts and I picked this scene. I thought it had a celebratory look to it. Sort of like fireworks going off in the sky. My interpretation anyway (lol)!!! I added it over a white card base.

White card base: 3 3/4" x 8 3/4"
Designer Paper: 3 3/4" x 8 3/4"
Next, I cut the polar bears in white cardstock and used different colors of complementary cardstocks for their hats. The bears with their hand lifted looked as though they were sending happy new year greetings. 
The "2023" stitched phrase is cut in white cardstock.
Now that all my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the card base using double sided tape. 
The bears were attached with dimensional adhesive. 
To finish off my card, I added the stitched 2023 phrase. The numbers were attached with clear drying glue. 
That's my card for this week. See you again on Saturday!

dies I used to create card:




No comments: