Saturday, January 14, 2023

Festive Elephant Valentine

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and holiday week. Now it's time to settle in for the winter months. It's a perfect time for cardmaking, scrapbooking and other crafting pursuits. I am onto my Valentine cards. This one I am sending off to my nice who loves elephants. 

For your viewing pleasure today, I am featuring the Festive Elephant die. It's from the Christmas Part 1 release. I like taking dies intended for one season and move them to a different holiday. It allows you to get more use out of your dies that way.

Card Details:  

I started my card this week with the layout. I saw this older sketch #838 on Splitcoaststampers using a slimline design and decided to use it for my card. Slimline cards are so popular now and add such great eye appeal.

Then I chose my designer paper and card base colors. I really like this metallic heart paper from my Valentine collection for my card. I changed the circle image to a heart. It's from the 2019 "be my valentine puppies" die.
 
Red Card Base: 7 1/2" x 4"
Heart Designer Paper: 7 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Red Cardstock Strip (Element 3): 1/2" x 7 1/2"
Next, I cut the elephant image from 2 shades of gray cardstock. I sponged around the edges for more contrast. Instead of using the Christmas Tree, I cut a heart from the Stitched Heart Set.  
I stamped my sentiment in red ink on the heart. It is a one-line sentiment and I had to space it on the heart with my elephant. So I masked and with the help of my MISTI, I was able to stamp it vertically.
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper and the red strip to the card base with double sided tape. I ended up having to recut my designer paper and the pattern is a bit different than this photo. 
For the elephant, I used dimensional adhesive to lift the image off the heart background. And, I used the same adhesive to attach the heart to the designer paper. I added some additional white and red hearts to finish off this card.
If you have this Festive Elephant die, I hope I have given you a way to use it for another season. If you would like to purchase this die, it's still available in the online store at 30% off. And you can get it in time to create Valentine cards. 

dies I used to create card:







 

No comments: