Friday, January 20, 2023

Ewe and Me Forever

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog.

Hope you are settling in for the winter months. It's a perfect time for cardmaking, scrapbooking and other crafting pursuits. I am onto my Valentine cards. I make extra ones and let our friends pick one for their wives. 

We do have some sales going on over at the online store. The Classic Fifties release is 40% off and the Christmas Part 1 & Part 2 dies are 30% off.   

Now onto my card for today. I am featuring the Spring Sheep die as a Valentine themed card. This die is from the January 2022 Spring release.  So let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card by selecting the designer paper. I looked through my Valentine papers and found this pretty heart design paper. 

Highland Heather (light purple) Card Base:  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Designer Paper Layer: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
 
Next, I cut my sheep in shades of light and gray cardstock. For their furry heads I used fun flock. You can't really tell on the photo but IRL - its fluffy and adds a bit of dimension and interest. 
I wanted a large heart to place them in and also for stamping my sentiment. I used the heart from the Be My Valentine Puppies (2019 release). It's still available in the online store. Stamped my sentiment with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig in red ink.
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided adhesive. 
The heart is secured with dimensional adhesive as are the sweet little sheep.
To finish off my card I added a few heart enamel dots. That's my card for this week. 
Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video featuring a pocket card from Linh Van. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

dies I used to create card:









1 comment:

Kristine said...

Very sweet Mary 💕🐑