Saturday, April 09, 2022

Protea for Mother's Day (new die)

                           New CottageCutz 
                   Australian Friends Release

14 New CottageCutz Designs


They are currently in the store and on sale at 30% off the individual dies. 
Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the new Protea die. I created a Mother's Day card for a friend. I usually send a lot of cards to my friends for Mother's Day, so this is my first one for this holiday. So, let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps: 

I started my card by cutting the protea images. I used different shades of bright cardstock. I somewhat followed the coloring on the packaging. That's always a big help if you're undecided on what colors to use. I attached the protea image to a white square. It's the largest (3 1/2") of the Stitched Square dies.  
The card layout I used is an older sketch I had saved on my Pinterest page. Having a layout in mind is a big assist for me with cardmaking.  
Next, I selected the card colors and designer paper. I wanted something with stripes, and I found this blue pattern. I thought it works well with the shades of pink I used for the protea. I decided to use a blue ribbon to act as a divider between the panels. 

White Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4" x 2 1/2"
I stamped my Mother's Day sentiment directly on the flower vase. 
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper and the ribbon with double sided tape. I took the ribbon to the inside of the card, and I will add another layer of cardstock inside to cover the ribbon. 
I attached the image panel with double sided tape. I layered this panel with a bright pink cardstock. It measures 3 5/8" square.  I also scattered a few bright pink enamel dots.
I decided to add another sentiment to finish off my card. I used the Wishes w/Shadow sentiment and cut it in 2 shades of pink. I decided to rotate the enamel dots from squares to diamond shapes. I moved them around and added to additional to highlight the wishes phrase. 
  
Well, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. See you next Saturday. 

dies I used to create card:





2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous card Mary love the colors

Birgit said...

What a beautiful floral arrangement!