Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Happy Birthday Crocodile Card

Happy Terrific TuesDIE Scrapping Cottage friends!
Melinda here with you for another fun Tuesday. My project today features some dies from the fabulous new Australian Friends Die Release!!! Here is what I created.

This super cute scalloped stitched rectangle shaped birthday card featuring that Croc-o-licious Croc from the new release! She is too cute!

To Make The Card Base

You start with two cuts of the same die. For this one I used the largest die from the scallop stitched rectangle die set. I cut them out of some craft cardstock.



Next, I scored a crease 1/2" from one edge.

I added a mat to the one that would be on the top. Here you can see where the crease is on the one.

Next you put adhesive just on the top 1/2" of the scored mat. Then you line them up, one right on top of the other and adhere them together.

Once adhered, this is what it looks like when opened from the side view.



You can then decorate the interior just making allowance for the portion of the top that is used for the fold. Doing it this way allows for a fold without creasing the top mat.

Next, I used the largest die from the scallop circle set and cut it out of some pink cardstock. I added a couple of mats. In this shot I had a different piece of patterned paper. I ultimately changed it out as it blended to much to miss croc...in my humble opinion...lol.

Here she is all ready for her close up! What an adorable die! I of course cut her out in white and then colored her in. My favorite thing to do. She is just too stinkin' cute with those little teeth and that flower!!!! 

For the sentiment, I used the Shadow Happy Birthday Die. I added a dot of Star Dust Stickles for the Dot in the "i".

I also layered in the cute little palm tree from the Australian Trees die from the new release. I added some more Stardust Stickles and some Cinnamon to kind of resemble some coconuts.

Here a couple more shots.

I think it turned out super cute. This is such a fun way to add a little "shape" to your cards without really any effort at all! You can try it with your oval, circle, heart and other fun shaped dies!

Here is the fantastic new collection 
FROM DOWN UNDER!
Hurry for a limited time...
New CottageCutz 


PLUS FOR A LIMITED TIME....



The Dies I used to create this project:







I used the Scallop Stitched Rectangle set, however that is currently sold out. This is a great alternative through.





Have you checked out the CottageCutz YouTube channel yet? 
It is filling up with beautiful projects and great how-tos!  
Head over and check out the latest video! 

Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty die day!
Melinda Beltran

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love how you made this card! Always love your bright happy colors too!

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute and I like the scalloped card base-