Saturday, April 16, 2022

Happy Birthday Koal-ity Friend

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a new release in the online store. It's our Australian Friends with 14 new designs. The dies are perfect for Mother's Day, Baby Cards, Kids & Adult Birthdays, Thinking of You, Thank You - just about any occasion you would need a card for.

They are currently on a limited time sale of 30% off the individual dies. There is also an anniversary sale going on right now with savings up to 75% off. Shop early for best selections.  

Today, for your viewing pleasure I have created a birthday card using the new Koalas die. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card this week using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #891. We were to use rococo rose, pretty peacock, so saffron and just jade. Any neutrals are allowed as well. 
Rococo Rose, Pretty Peacock, So Saffron, Just Jade

I cut the koala image in a gray cardstock and sponged the edges for a bit more depth. The eucalyptus tree I cut from white cardstock and colored with Copic and Stampin' Up markers in the challenge colors. 
For my card base I used an espresso cardstock. It's a rich shade of brown that complemented the rose shade nicely. I had an ombre designer paper in the rococo rose color and then used the Pierced Wide Rectangle Frame die to create a frame. 
I stamped my sentiments in a chocolate chip ink. I laid the koala image down first on the background so I could get my placement correct. Then I used the MISTI for stamping. When I saw the new dies being released I bought a few stamp sets with some punny sentiments this is one of them. 
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to attach my Koala image. 
To finish off my card I attached the image panel to the Espresso Brown card base and scattered a few yellow enamel dots to get that color in for the challenge. Well that's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday!
Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Marla Harris. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

dies I used to create card: 







2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the sentiment and colors!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.